List:       doxygen-users
Subject:    [Doxygen-users] XML <par> tag problems
From:       A L <groundhogvr () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-31 11:09:02

Hi,

when I try to use the <par> XML tag in a C# file I essentially get
nothing in return:

A comment like this (syntax from the ECMA-334 specification):
    /// <summary>
    /// <para>
    /// search for and connect to a Wiimote. Exit application with
messagebox if connection not possible.
    /// </para>
    /// <para>
    /// Set "change" event handler to <see cref="wm_WiimoteChanged"/>
    /// </para>
    /// </summary>
    /// <param name="sender"></param>
    /// <param name="e"></param>
    private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

produces this doxygen output:
    void     Form1_Load (object sender, EventArgs e)

Everything after the first <para> tag is ignored.

When I change the input to:
    /// <summary>
    /// search for and connect to a Wiimote. Exit application with
messagebox if connection not possible.
    /// <para>
    /// Set "change" event handler to <see cref="wm_WiimoteChanged"/>
    /// </para>
    /// </summary>
    /// <param name="sender"></param>
    /// <param name="e"></param>

I get:
    void     Form1_Load (object sender, EventArgs e)
    search for and connect to a Wiimote. Exit application with
messagebox if connection not possible.

Only when I completely remove all <par> tags, it works:
    /// <summary>
    /// search for and connect to a Wiimote. Exit application with
messagebox if connection not possible.
    /// Set "change" event handler to <see cref="wm_WiimoteChanged"/>
    /// </summary>
    /// <param name="sender"></param>
    /// <param name="e"></param>
    private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

Output looks (correctly) like this:
    void     Form1_Load (object sender, EventArgs e)
    search for and connect to a Wiimote. Exit application with
messagebox if connection not possible. Set
    "change" event handler to wm_WiimoteChanged

I am using C# in Visual Studio 2010 and Doxygen 1.8.2 via the GUI frontend.

Is this a bug that I should report or am I missing something?

regards & RFC