List:       doxygen-users
Subject:    [Doxygen-users]  PDF and Grouping mechansim
From:       Stefan-Heiss <Stefan.heiss () infineon ! com>
Date:       2008-06-16 6:44:23

Following doxygen example:
------------------example.c------------------------
/** @defgroup My1_GROUP Top Level
 *  This is group 1
 */
/** @defgroup My2_GROUP Low Level
 *  @ingroup My1_GROUP
 *  This is  group 2
 */
/**
 * @brief Test Function
 * @ingroup My2_GROUP
 */
void Test(void)
{
   return;
}
-----------end-------------------------------------

I generate a PDF file via following tool chain: doxygen 1.56, graphviz 2.0,
miktex basic plus some additional packages, ghostscritp 8.54. The generation
works fine. (Important to some other people might be, that graphviz 2.12,
has a bug, and therefore cannot be used for PDF generation with doxygen. If
you use graphviz 2.0 it works fine.)

Generated PDF:
It has the documentation for the Test function included twice, namely once
in the My2_GROUP, and a copy of the some function documentation under
My1_GROUP.
If this happens to more than one function the PDF becomes double size, and
confusing to the reader.

Question: Is there a possiblity to configure doxygen to avoid doubling a
function documenation, and only provide the function documentation in the
subgroup?