List:       doxygen-users
Subject:    Re: [Doxygen-users] Simple accents for some languages
From:       "James KANZE" <jkanze () cheuvreux ! com>
Date:       2005-07-12 8:42:35

|> Usually, I use doxygen to generate english documentation, but
|> currently, I have to generate some french documentation with
|> lots of accents.  I have to use html stuff like &eacute; and its
|> friends but I would prefer to use latex form : \'e. Is there any
|> mean to do so ?

What kind of documentation are you generating.  For HTML, what I
do is simple put a line:

in my header, and insert the accents directly (both vim and
emacs have modes to facilitate this if you are using a US
keyboard).  Adding a \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} in the header
of the latex file should do the same thing.

Otherwise, I'd still use the accented characters in my sources.
(They don't seem to bother Doxygen.)  And then a post-processor
(maybe based on sed) to convert them to whatever representation
is actually desired.

--
James Kanze        GABI Software         mailto:james.kanze@free.fr

"This message, including any attachments may contain confidential and
privileged material; it is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed. Its contents do not constitute a commitment by Credit Agricole
Cheuvreux except where provided for in a written agreement. Credit Agricole
Cheuvreux assumes no liability or responsibility for the consequences
arising out of a delay and/or loss in transit of this message, or for
corruption or other error(s) arising in its transmission and for any misuse
or fraudulent use which may be made thereof. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact us and abstain from any disclosure, use or
dissemination. To the extent that this message contains research
information and/or recommendations, these are provided on the same basis as
Credit Agricole Cheuvreux's published research and the recipient must have
regard to all disclosures and disclaimers contained therein."