List:       dns-operations
Subject:    [dns-operations] DNSSEC DANE testing
From:       jabley () hopcount ! ca (Joe Abley)
Date:       2012-07-31 22:21:49

On 2012-07-30, at 19:01, Vernon Schryver <vjs at rhyolite.com> wrote:

> I'm very disappointed.  It seems that despite years of talk, DANE is
> not ready for discussion in the trade press blogs, not to mention prime
> time.

Dane was chartered less than two years ago, and before that did not exist (at least \
with the "dane" name). Although it no doubt feels like the buzzwords have been in \
circulation for "years" given the frequency with which they are present in marketing \
incantations, in reality dane is a somewhat small child.

If it's a realistic option to publish information in the DNS which allows regular \
people with regular browsers to gain benefit from TLS without using the browser list \
some time in the next five years, I would call that "dramatic success".

Joe