List:       dng
Subject:    Re: [DNG] Article accuracy
From:       Martin Steigerwald <martin () lichtvoll ! de>
Date:       2024-05-10 7:17:06

Ludovic Bellière via Dng - 09.05.24, 23:47:28 CEST:
> >I'm not familiar with /etc/rcS.
>
> Typically, rcS.d are software or services that are started in addition
> of whichever runlevel is selected. They're generally tasks that any
> runlevel depends on, like mounting file systems, or enabling the
> network, or even loading kernel modules.

/etc/rcS != /etc/rcS.d

/etc/rcS as far as I understand is a one script to do it all approach, a
bit like with AmigaOS, where S/Startup-Sequence on the system partition
does all the heavy lifting for booting the operating system.

/etc/rcS.d is part of SysVInit.

Best,
--
Martin