List:       dng
Subject:    Re: [DNG] [OT] Re: Another great article about overbloatatiousness and complexification
From:       Didier Kryn <kryn () in2p3 ! fr>
Date:       2024-02-19 20:35:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

Le 19/02/2024 à 10:54, Martin Steigerwald a écrit :
>   All three month a new Linux kernel. How insane can
> it even get? No one really understands it anymore. Do you understand the
> complete Linux kernel?

     20 years ago I wanted to write a device driver for Linux. There was
a book available on the net which explained how to do it. A new version
of the book was published every year to follow the evolution of the
kernel, but it was always too late. The kernel ABI was changing so fast
that you had to work on kernel stuff full time to keep in sync.

--     Didier