List:       dmca-discuss
Subject:    Re: [DMCA_Discuss] madonna remix project update
From:       "miriam clinton (iriXx)" <iriXx () iriXx ! org>
Date:       2004-07-14 20:47:38

Dave wrote:

> At 04:37 PM 6/26/2004 , mC~ wrote:
>
> > i'm looking for hosting/disk space as the bandwidth from text
> > transfers alone exceeded my limit.
>

> If you need help with download bandwidth, there is an open source
> project called BitTorrent (http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/). It is
> a file downloader that does swarming downloads. It is kind of like
> file sharing but it is used to download a specific file from a
> specific site. While a user is downloading the file from your site,
> other users can download the same file from that user and so on. So
> you can support many simultaneous downloads of a file even though you
> only have the bandwidth for a few. It works best for popular sites
> where there are lots of simultaneous downloads. I have used it and it
> works great. It is a project well worth supporting.
>
> Dave

Thanks.... that sounds like a great way to go....

only problem is that it was the original site - just the HTML pages -
that had bandwidth problems! it gets that bad when you're on CNN and
Yahoo Hollywood Reporter simultaneuosly. the links to everyone else's
pieces (as i refused to host them - definatley not enough space) were
their responsibility.

cheers

mC~

--
Lose yourself in the music, the moment, you own it,
you better never let it go,

-- Eminem: from 8 Mile

www.iriXx.org
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

USC Title 17 Sec. 107. - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use

This material is distributed to those who have expressed a prior interest in \
receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.