List:       dmca-discuss
Subject:    [DMCA_Discuss] Prada RFID tags
From:       "Jon O." <jono () microshaft ! org>
Date:       2004-02-27 21:38:07

"While reading this piece about designing 'experiences' in the Globe and Mail, I came \
across this interesting tidbit: If you're a frequent Prada shopper (and who on /. \
isn't?), the loyalty card in your wallet or purse contains a RFID tag that announces \
your arrival in the store. When you encounter a saleswoman, her handheld computer \
brings up your tastes, buying history, vital statistics and personalized suggestions \
from in-stock and coming inventory; the handhelds also place orders and book change \
rooms. Every item for sale bears an RFID tag. The RFID tags are courtesy of IDEO, and \
their website has a nice write-up of all the RFID-powered stuff at Prada, including \
the changeroom! I'm guessing this isn't coming to Wal*Mart's changerooms when they \
implement RFID. (Another write-up can be found here.)"

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/02/12/166232&mode=thread