List:       dmca-discuss
Subject:    [DMCA_Discuss] Re: Patents vs. Logic (was USPTO Grants Patent DNS
From:       Anatoly Volynets <av () total-knowledge ! com>
Date:       2004-02-27 21:16:53

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Robert F. Bodi wrote:

> > All right, let's put aside emotions and try again to deploy logic and
> > knowledge. I have many reservations about what you stated below, but want
> > to ask one question:
> >
> > Can you *strongly* prove that technological progress in this country has
> > been successful because of patent system, not despite of patent system?
>
> No, but I don't have to.  Those who want to make radical changes to the
> system have the burden of proof.  Thus, YOU must "strongly" prove that the
> patent system does NOT work.   If I was the one who wanted to make radical
> changes, then the burden would be on me.

Do the question and answer match? If you cannot prove that system works
because of patents then it can be that system works despite of patents.

Yes or no? I am talking about pure logic, nothing else. I am not
interested in fighting, I want to understand.

Anatoly Volynets
http://www.total-knowledge.com
http://www.culturedialogue.org