List:       dmca-discuss
Subject:    Re: [DMCA_Discuss] US antispam bill is death to anonymity
From:       ilya () theilya ! com
Date:       2003-11-23 1:10:09

Godness, the spam problem is one of the simplest ones to resolve
technically: all we have to do is switch over to DJB's electonic
mail protocol (http://cr.yp.to/im2000.html). This would achieve
same result - making spam just like snail-mail-junk, but in a natural
way.
And, for a reference, with my email all over internet (bunch of publically
archived mailing lists, various open-source projects I dealt with, etc.)
I'm getting a *lot* of spam. Looking in unfiltered mailbox, ~300 messages
on a quiet day.

	Ilya.