List:       dmca-discuss
Subject:    Re: [DMCA_Discuss] TIVO COMPILES, SELLS USERS' VIEWING DATA
From:       "Tammo" <burrbob () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2003-06-18 2:14:14

I can't understand what the big deal is with people thinking that anonymous
collection is so bad.  What's the difference between that and a website
collecting information on where it's viewers come from?  They run the
service, so they have a right to know what parts of their service receive
more usage than others.  I actually think that it's a good idea, because it
allows them to tailor their service to fit the needs of their customers.  I
don't think many people would sign up with a  ................

Wait a minute, tivo isn't a service provider!  What am I saying?  I'm
confusing them with a media company.  heh my bad.

But I seriously am not irked or offended by them selling the information
anonymously.  What's the big deal?  Nobody gets hurt.