List:       dmca-discuss
Subject:    Re: [DMCA_Discuss] Compromise copyright bill in works
From:       "Robert F. Bodi" <lawlists () bodi ! com>
Date:       2003-02-25 0:03:32

Okay, I think that I better understand what it is you object to.  As to the
over-constraints of shrink-wrap licensing and the like, I agree that the law
should put some constraints on that.  EULA's of the shrink-wrap kind (where
there is no actual negotiation between the parties) should be constrained by
law.  In a similar vein, UCITA is of similar concern wherein it seems to
protect software developers for making crappy products.  Both of these
issues are not really copyright issues, but more contractual issues.  I
don't see why software sellers should get any more benefits than sellers of
other products.

-Bodi