List:       dmca-discuss
Subject:    Re: [DMCA_Discuss] Studios ask judge to bar DVD-copying software
From:       michael.weishaar () earthlink ! net
Date:       2002-12-20 15:03:46

I also saw this article:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=528&e=2&cid=528&u=/ap/20021220/ap_on_hi_te/dvd_suit

Which has this choice quote:
"It's like somebody selling a digital crowbar. It's like breaking into the
castle if you will," said Patricia Benson, an attorney for the studios.

You know, last time I checked it wasn't illegal to buy a crowbar.  If I
were a lawyer on the opposing side, I would take this quote and exploit
it.

Michael