List:       dmca-discuss
Subject:    [DMCA_Discuss] Eisner made over $700 million in 5 years
From:       "Jon O." <jono () networkcommand ! com>
Date:       2002-03-28 23:12:09

http://davenet.userland.com/2002/03/27/eisnerMadeOver700MillionIn5Years

Eisner made over $700 million in 5 years
Wed, Mar 27, 2002; by Dave Winer.
Eisner on Financial Times

On Monday an op-ed piece ran in the Financial Times by Disney CEO Michael Eisner. \
It's a highly moralistic essay, about slavery and Abraham Lincoln. Eisner says \
Lincoln would have loved the Internet and hated the piracy. It's a must-read for \
people who want to understand the faceoff between the entertainment industry and its \
users, with the technology industry caught in the middle. I have strong opinions \
about this both as a user of their product, and a member of the tech industry.

After reading his essay, I got interested in who Michael Eisner is. It didn't take \
much time to find out, for example, via Forbes, that he made over $700 million in \
five years. At the same time he argues the financial interest of creative people. So \
which creative people will speak for Eisner's position? They are conspicuously \
silent. How much money flowed to them while he was making all that money?