List:       dmca-discuss
Subject:    Re: [DMCA_Discuss] Digital distribution and the end ofcontentcontrol
From:       DeBug <debug () centras ! lt>
Date:       2002-03-28 17:36:37

>2. If you mean another place where artists may meet their potential
>audience,Total Knowledge can setup on-line Market Place right away. The
>software we can use is actually an on-line store. So we can setup a store
>for
>any one or group of artists and 'store of stores' with catalog of links
>particular stores.

>The sample can be viewed at:
>	www.russianbooksmusic.com

That's great, but i think we need to modify accounting slightly.
wish list, actual payments, and new albums production must be linked in some way
A kind of mutual fans-artists account is needed
Here is what i can imagine:

fans put their votes in a wish list ( let's say $W1, $W2, $W3 and so on )
an artist looks through the wishes list and oops he sees total sum of $W for him
if he decides to fulfill the wish for $W he signs a project for new album
and all the fans get emails requesting to transfer real money
to the mutual fans-artist account.

In short term (a week or so) money are collected in the account

if the artist decides to decline then  emails are send to fans that
the deal did not work and they can take the money back
(take back or assign to other artist/project)

if the artist accepts and records new album then emails are send
to the fans that they are to recieve new album and the money
are to be transfered from mutual fans-artist account to the artist

The essence of the mutual account is that the money in it can
a) be given back to fans only if the artist decides so
b) be given to the artist only after fans recieve the album

I've created a small database project and can share it with others
(if there are interested ones)

P.S.
I think the best way to fight with DMCA is to propose alternatives
thus enabling people to choose between evil and good.

--
De Bug
mailto: debug@centras.lt