List:       dmca-discuss
Subject:    [DMCA_discuss] Call to Action: Comments on MS Settlement
From:       Seth Johnson <seth.johnson () realmeasures ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2002-01-23 15:33:13

(Jeremy White requests public comments on the Microsoft
settlement.  Note forwarded from the DotGNU Developers
list.  Full web site text is pasted below.  -- Seth)

Excerpts:

The Department of Justice and Microsoft have reached a
tentative settlement of the United States vs. Microsoft
antitrust lawsuit. It is widely believed that the proposed
settlement does a very poor job and that it is critical that
those of us who feel this way participate in the Tunney Act
comment process.

Under a law known as the Tunney Act, the court is required
to consider public commentary before accepting any
settlement.

[and]

The truly easy way to at least add your voice:

  1.Send email to microsoft.atr@usdoj.gov (with a subject of
'Microsoft Settlement') saying that you think the proposed
settlement is bad idea (type only 3 words, if you must).
What counts is the number of complaints.
  2.Send email to petition@kegel.com indicating that you
will stand as a co signer of Dan Kegel's comments. Please
give your city, state, title, and affiliation.

(Full text below)