List:       dm-devel
Subject:    [dm-devel] [RHEL 4 U2] Recommended blacklist for Sun X4200, V40z
From:       "Brian Long" <briandlong () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-29 15:40:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I'm running RHEL 4 U2 (device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5-6.0.RHEL4).  I have a
multipath.conf which uses the compiled-in blacklist.  I also have specified
device entries specific to certain EMC arrays in use (see attached
multipath.conf).  The majority of our hosts are HP Proliant with cciss loca=
disks and they are blacklisted appropriately.  When I use the same
multipath.conf on a Sun V40z or X4200, multipathing is not working and I
believe it's because the internal disk (LSI Logic / MPT Fusion RAID) is not
blacklisted (see attached multipath-v3.out for details).

Is there a recommended blacklist entry for these hosts?  Can I blacklist by
vendor ID instead of device?

Thank you.

/Brian/