List:       dm-crypt
Subject:    [dm-crypt] Re: veritysetup and CentOS 8
From:       Milan Broz <gmazyland () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-11-10 9:42:35

On 10/11/2021 07:28, Wei, Catherine wrote:

> I understand. We just had some difficulties to upgrade the cryptsetup to 2.x \
> version, so we want to use 1.7.5. When you said "We test compilation of upstream \
> cryptsetup on Centos7 and 8", which cryptsetup version did you use? 2.x version or \
> 1.7.5 version?

Both released cryptsetup 1.7.5 and 2.4.1 can be compiled without any patches on \
recently updated CentOS7 and CentOS8-stream systems. Just you need proper devel \
packages installed - note 1.7.5  uses gcrypt by default, 2.x use OpenSSL, but it is \
configurable.

(And yes, I tried it just now to be sure. :)

Milan