List:       dm-crypt
Subject:    [dm-crypt] Re: cryptsetup - 2FA feature request
From:       Jeremiah Moree <jtmoree () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-09-21 12:53:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> In before activation by passphrase (interactive query) we try to
> activate device using any available token handler in the system
> (crypt_activate_by_token & crypt_activate_by_token_pin library API).
> Only when no appropriate LUKS2 token can be used to unlock the device we
> fall back to passphrase based activation.

I was looking for detailed documentation on token handling plugins but not
finding it.  Am I missing it?   Is it in the man page or the luks2 pdf or
the wiki or the readme? or somewhere else?

In lieu of the docs I plan to start some code and communicate with the
mailing list but given the problems with the mailing list lately I am
waiting.  (I keep getting kicked off--both email addresses).

--
JT