List:       dm-crypt
Subject:    Re: [dm-crypt] LUKS header and token
From:       JT_Morée <moreejt () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2020-02-28 14:06:51

On Friday, February 28, 2020, 4:22:43 AM MST, Milan Broz <gmazyland@gmail.com> wrote: \

> Read cryptsetup / LUKS2-docs

cryptsetup / LUKS2-docs
 Documentation to the LUKS2 format.
Thank you, I read through that doc a few times.  It did give me a basic \
understanding.

> Some trivial example is in source code in misc/luks2_keyslot_example.
> There is a plan to extend this interface in next major version,
> I expect we have some better examples in that time.

I would be happy to help with documentation and maybe even coding in C but I'd prefer \
to keep my coding at a higher level such as at the system level where users would be. \
My goal is to wire everything together from the user perspective.  It's difficult to \
quickly follow what's going on in the C code.  I'll use this example as one of my \
resources.

I think my plan complements your philosophy of letting users store a token in the \
header and then an external program handles everything else.   I would also be \
interested in hearing/reading/seeing any preliminary ideas you have on the new \
interface.

> Sorry for late response,
No problem. Thank you for your feedback.
--
JT