List:       dm-crypt
Subject:    Re: [dm-crypt] cryptsetup-reencrypt: Specifying device size
From:       "Sven Eschenberg" <sven () whgl ! uni-frankfurt ! de>
Date:       2015-07-24 9:06:17

Milan gave quite an extensive answer to your questions.

One thing I want to add, the LVM metadata is stored 2k from the start of
the device - if you only use 1 metadata-copy that is (which is default).

As Milan said, make sure which extents are actually ocupied. As others
mentioned: Backup and then dry run with a mapping of enforced reduced size
to see if the possible result is useable at all.

Regards

-Sven