List:       dm-crypt
Subject:    [dm-crypt] luksOpen - Device /dev/sdX is not a valid LUKS device.
From:       Artur Laszlo <laszly () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-13 0:21:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi.
What might be wrong with the partition if after command:
"cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdaX name" I got this?:
Device /dev/sdaX is not a valid LUKS device.

It was valid and working LVM partition with one virtual volume (which was/is
LUKS device), and after some write from partition manager it's (I think) not
having valid header.
Can you direct me to some way where I debug and get some useful infos ? I'm
interested in creating some tool.

A.