List:       dm-crypt
Subject:    [dm-crypt] where is dm_task_create implemented?
From:       mbroz () redhat ! com (Milan Broz)
Date:       2009-12-14 19:45:27

On 12/14/2009 08:18 PM, Chris Cross wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how "cryptsetup create" works so I'm looking at
> dm_create_device() in libdevmapper.c. Can you tell me where the function
> dm_task_create() is implemented? I actually don't see lidevmapper.c
> compiled when I build cryptsetup...

dm_task_create is implemented in libdevmapper, the device-mapper library.
libdevmapper.c (the only suported backend) must be compiled in otherwise cryptsetup
will not work (there is no other backend implemented).

Please be sure you are using recent source code, old code allowed compilation
without libdevmapper library resulting in non-functional code.

See http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/source/checkout

Milan
mbroz at redhat.com