List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: debian package
From:       Bennett Todd <bet () rahul ! net>
Date:       2000-02-21 18:16:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

2000-02-21-12:36:23 Mate Wierdl:
> echo %destdir/usr/local/%name > conf-home
> rm install instcheck
> make install instcheck
>
> ./install
> ./instcheck

Yaa-hoo! Thanks!

With that tip, I think I've got a clean enough packaging to be worth
sharing; I attach the spec files for dnscache, daemontools, and
ucspi-tcp.

The last (ucspi-tcp) may actually be a candidate for including in
the master distribution; all that would need updating to track
new releases is the Version string; everything else should work
automatically. If the file were included in the tarball, any name
ending in .spec (ucspi-tcp.spec is traditional, and it can be in a
subdirectory if you like), users could rebuild the packages with
"rpm -ta filename.tar.gz".

The first two wouldn't be terribly convenient for including at
the moment, since they explicitly include documentation tarballs
I've wrapped from a mirror of cr.yp.to. I'm not interested in RPM
packages that don't include documentation.

I'll be happy to email instructions for creating the doc tarballs,
as well as the daemontools init script, to anyone who is interested.

-Bennett

["dnscache.spec" (text/plain)]

License: Freely Redistributable
Group: System Environment/Daemons
BuildRoot: /var/tmp/dnscache-rpmroot
%description

dnscache includes a caching DNS server, and various other small
serves for other DNS serving roles. The package is intended as a
high-security replacement for bind.

%changelog
* Mon Feb 21 2000 Bennett Todd <bet@rahul.net>
  - Version 0.85 Release 2, made BuildRoot-relative version thanks to tips
    from Mate Wierdl <mw@moni.msci.memphis.edu>
* Tue Feb  1 2000 Bennett Todd <bet@rahul.net>
  - initial wrap of Version 0.80 Release 1

%prep
%setup
echo /usr >conf-home
bzip2 -d<$RPM_SOURCE_DIR/dnscache-docs.tar.bz2|(mkdir docs&&cd docs&&tar xvf -)

%build
make

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/{etc,bin}
rm install instcheck
echo $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr >conf-home
make install instcheck
./install
./instcheck

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc [A-Z]* docs
/usr/bin/*
/usr/etc/*

["daemontools.spec" (text/plain)]

License: Freely Redistributable
Group: System Environment/Daemons
BuildRoot: /var/tmp/daemontools-rpmroot
%description

daemontools is a collection of tools for managing UNIX services.

supervise monitors a service. It starts the service and restarts the
service if it dies. Setting up a new service is easy: all supervise needs
is a directory with a run script that runs the service.

multilog saves error messages to one or more logs. It optionally
timestamps each line and, for each log, includes or excludes lines
matching specified patterns. It automatically rotates logs to limit the
amount of disk space used. If the disk fills up, it pauses and tries
again, without losing any data.

%changelog
* Mon Feb 21 2000 Bennett Todd <bet@rahul.net>
  - Version 0.61 Release 2: made BuildRoot-relative version thanks to tips
    from Mate Wierdl <mw@moni.msci.memphis.edu>
* Tue Feb  1 2000 Bennett Todd <bet@rahul.net>
  - initial wrap of Version 0.61 Release 1

%prep
%setup
echo /usr >conf-home
(mkdir docs && cd docs && tar xzvf $RPM_SOURCE_DIR/daemontools-docs.tar.gz)

%build
PATH=.:$PATH make

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/{etc/rc.d/init.d,usr/bin,service}
rm install instcheck
echo $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr >conf-home
make install instcheck
./install
./instcheck
install $RPM_SOURCE_DIR/daemontools.init \
	$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/rc.d/init.d/daemontools

%post
/sbin/chkconfig daemontools reset
/etc/rc.d/init.d/daemontools start

%preun
/etc/rc.d/init.d/daemontools stop
/sbin/chkconfig --level 0123456 daemontools off

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
/usr/bin/*
/service
/etc/rc.d/init.d/daemontools
%doc [A-Z]* docs

["ucspi-tcp.spec" (text/plain)]

License: Freely Redistributable
Group: System Environment/Daemons
BuildRoot: /var/tmp/ucspi-tcp-rpmroot
%description

tcpserver and tcpclient are easy-to-use command-line tools for building
TCP client-server applications. tcpserver is a meta-server after the
style of inetd. tcpclient is a companion, for assisting in building
simple network clients.

%changelog
* Mon Feb 21 2000 Bennett Todd <bet@rahul.net>
  - Version 0.84 Release 2: made BuildRoot-relative version thanks to tips
    from Mate Wierdl <mw@moni.msci.memphis.edu>
* Tue Feb  1 2000 Bennett Todd <bet@rahul.net>
  - initial wrap of Version 0.84 Release 1

%prep
%setup
echo /usr >conf-home

%build
make

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/{bin,man/{cat,man}{1,5}}
rm install instcheck
echo $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr >conf-home
make install instcheck
./install