List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: ZONE Data!!
From:       Seth Kurtzberg <seth () cql ! com>
Date:       2007-12-09 14:47:47

I would suggest using the form of the "dig" command or the "host" command where you explicitly specify the DNS server to query.  This will allow you to determine specifically what each server is doing and to make sure the responses are in fact coming from these servers.  When the response from the 'net is different than the local response, the problem is frequently related to caching or other issues, rather than to the dns server configuration itself.  That may or may not be true  this case; explicitly specifying the DNS servers will tell.

--
Seth Kurtzberg <seth@cql.com>

<dns@list.cr.yp.to>