List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: dnscache in Solaris Zone
From:       "Daniel Rechsteiner" <drechsteiner () goeast ! ch>
Date:       2007-11-23 15:51:09

Thanks for the hints.

I assume those devices need to be inside the chroot jail, but as it is working here I \
also assume that this was only necessary on older Solaris versions. The note below \
says "dnscache and tinydns would stop immediately under Solaris" and this is not the \
case here. I also checked some other chroot'ed software I have on Solaris 10 boxes. \
They also need some devices (like /dev/random) but not tcp or udp.

I had some problems stopping the services using svscan, but this could also be \
unrelated. Anyway, dnscache has been happily working for 24 hours under quite heavy \
load now, so I assume it will do that also in the future.

Daniel