List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: My criticisms of DjbDNS
From:       Seth Kurtzberg <seth () cql ! com>
Date:       2007-04-19 20:58:02

> Of course, whenever possible, follow djb's excellent directions for
> performing a nameserver change to eliminate impact on the various caches
> on the Internet.

We seem to get hung up on compliant vs. non-compliant, and this supresses any useful \
discussion of desirable vs. undesirable.  In my view:

1.  It isn't broken, as it doesn't violate the spec,

2.  I can avoid the problem by, as Darren notes, following instructions,

3.  I can't be sure that other people will always follow instructions, and, \
therefore,

4.  Changing the behavior would be a nice enhancement.  As we are in the open source \
world, we are free to enhance away.

Seth Kurtzberg
Security consultant
CQL.com