List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: Local DNS for certain hosts in domain
From:       Seth Kurtzberg <seth () cql ! com>
Date:       2006-10-05 23:43:35

There is a specific syntax for distinguishing between local requests and external requests.  It's better, actually, to point the internal boxes to a different DNS server than the external boxes; that's the way I handle it.  If you don't want to designate an internal machine as the local DNS server, the internal/external syntax may be a method to do what you need to do.  I say may because I don't know the specifics of your network topology.