List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: Garbage from the DJBdns list
From:       Jeff King <peff () peff ! net>
Date:       2006-08-09 7:20:59

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 12:19:10PM +0530, Manilal K M wrote:

> Honestly, the List admins are not bothered about these issues. There
> have been a bunch of discussions about this in this list itself. But

I don't think Dan is reading the list; it more or less admins itself.

> no improvements. Even the qsecretary mail is unwanted and
> un-necessary, I havn't seen a mailing list which uses such a

On the contrary, I think the qsecretary posting keeps a great deal of
spam off the list.

> confirmation. It would be nice if the list admins could remove the
> email ids from the list which generates autoresponders.

Agreed. However, I'm not sure it is as simple as that. One must first
know the addresses which are causing these responses, which may not be
immediately obvious (I don't think they are necessarily the same as the
822 from address of the message).

-Peff