List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: Basic Configuration issues
From:       Scott Gifford <sgifford () suspectclass ! com>
Date:       2005-08-30 15:20:12

"Vikul" <vikul_gupta@yahoo.com> writes:

[...]

> 1) How do I tell dnscache to use my previous company DNSSERVER for all NON
> test.company.com domain hosts .

Put the IP address of that DNS Server into:

    .../dnscache-root/servers/@

and set the FORWARDONLY environment variable.  For more info, see:

    http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/run-cache-home.html

> 2) IS dnscache configured by default to querry tinydns for all queries?

No, by default it will query the root servers specified in the @ file
above.

The logs for dnscache should give you some good clues about what's
going on.

Good luck,

----Scott.