List:       djbdns
Subject:    Disabling dnscache logging (WAS: Re: Study: dnscache slower than
From:       Mathias Samuelson <mathias.samuelson () dimension ! se>
Date:       2004-01-23 0:17:58

> This means that multilog will read everything from dnscache and then
> discard it, rather than just sleep all the time. Try this script for
> dnscache instead:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> exec >/dev/null
> exec 2>&1
> exec <seed
> exec envdir ./env sh -c '
>    exec envuidgid dnscache softlimit -o1200 -d "$DATALIMIT"
> /usr/local/bin/dnscache
> '
>
> This will do what Paul meant.

Thanks Ketil, and Paul! I will redo the tests next week (I'm currently
travelling) with the suggested script. Let's hope this will have the
expected effect.

Anyway, I've been parsing the documentation ('/doc') trying to find what
you're suggesting, but so far I've failed. Can you please point me to
where this is actually documented? (And yes, I'm not very proficient
with djbdns as have already been suggested by some people, but I would
like to have a better understanding of it...)

All best
Mathias

--
    Mathias Samuelson
Phone: +46 (0)8 5058 3111

You can fetch my GnuPG key (CB6D9D85) with fingerprint
B98BB34ADAA91D4F2F47E6363EC2C8BDCB6D9D85
from (e.g.) blackhole.pca.dfn.de.