List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: Fresh djbdns install -- a couple of newbie questions
From:       John Peacock <jpeacock () rowman ! com>
Date:       2002-02-25 16:24:09

gregbrooks wrote:

> * Inside the building, my piece of the LAN was assigned
> 200.200.200.250 -- this is an internal-only address and the only place
> it's used is on the SOHO firewall/NAT box that sits between my
> computers and the rest of the LAN.

Just to let you know about a possible future problem; the 200.200.200.250
address is part of an already assigned public net block (NETBLK-BRAZIL-BLK2).
Depending on how things are set up, you may not be able to see some net
addresses.  Of course, since Brazil ranks right up there with China, Hong Kong,
and Korea as spamhavens, being blocked off from those addresses might not be
a problem.

All non-public IP addresses must be chosen from the list in RFC 1918 in order
to ensure that the addresses do not conflict with already assigned addresses.

Just a nit...

John

--
John Peacock