List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: Incorrect source IP on outoing packets
From:       <mike () jurney ! org>
Date:       2002-01-30 19:46:11

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Jedi/Sector One wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 12:28:41PM -0500, mike@jurney.org wrote:
> > I've
> > been using this type of config for years and have never seen this type of
> > problem.
>
>   Sorry Mike, my post was just an instinctive reaction to the hidden linux
> flame, because I fed up with people saying that Linux has a poor routing
> support while they are still using old tools.

Don't worry about it, I understand :)

>   However, try 'ip route', maybe it will show some missing route that could
> explain your problem.

My routes are normal, but there's definitely something baffling going on
with the way source addresses are being selected.  I've managed to get
things operational, but I'm still having problems with the loopback
interface.  To wit:  When .46 and .36 talk over loopback, both set the
dest. IP of their packets to .46.  I'm still trying to figure out why.

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike@jurney.org