List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: bind9 axfr failure
From:       Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard () tesco ! net>
Date:       2001-12-29 13:57:54

JP> Dec 18 21:26:43.117 transfer of 'ryoohki.net/IN' from
JP> 66.92.67.233#53: failed while receiving responses: out of range

BIND appears to be objecting to your "LOC" resource record.  As is typical of
BIND, it isn't reporting the error in a direct and straightforward fashion.
(I had to perform a zone transfer from your content DNS server - which worked
perfectly by the way - using a diagnostic tool and then labouriously match the
individual DNS responses against the lines in the BIND log just to determine
which response BIND was in fact complaining about.)

Ensure that you have entered your "LOC" resource record in the correct
format.  (I'm not going to check it for you.)  Try temporarily removing it
from your DNS database (by commenting it out of the database source file and
recompiling the database) to see whether that allows a "zone transfer" to
succeed.  If it does, and if you are *sure* that your "LOC" record is
correctly formatted, then you have discovered a bug in how BIND handles "LOC"
resource records.