List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: Full featured djbdns jumbo patch
From:       John Peacock <jpeacock () rowman ! com>
Date:       2001-10-12 14:14:31

Peter van Dijk wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 03:09:16PM -0400, John Peacock wrote:
> [snip]
> > If tinydns-data read from a pipe, there would also be a single write
> > (of data.cdb in this case), ala
> >
> >       cat data/* | tinydns-data -
> >
> > and you would get the complete data.cdb as a result.
>
> If cat of one of the files fails, your data.cdb misses data.

cat is pretty basic; AFAIK, the only thing that could prevent it from
working is file permissions, and the makefile is run by root so even
that shouldn't be an issue.  Am I missing something trivial?  Granted
you could remove the read bit on the file, but then you would be the
one shooting yourself in the foot.

John

--
John Peacock