List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: Full featured djbdns jumbo patch
From:       Henning Brauer <lists-djbdns () bsws ! de>
Date:       2001-10-11 10:48:09

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 06:39:24AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 08:38:27AM -0000, D. J. Bernstein wrote:
> > > You can achieve the same effect with forwarding. However, ISPs that want
> > > top performance should use a local root server instead.
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 11:24:28AM +0200, Henning Brauer wrote:
> > This patch is one of the rare ones I'd consider useful. A local root server
> > is most times overkill. letting reload dnscache the server/* files makes
> > sense instead of throwing away the whole cached data.
> And what's wrong with forwarding?

eh? you're dnscache should consult your internal tinydns for
0.168.192.in-addr.arpa. Tell me how to reach this goal without a local
root-server and without touching dnscache's server/ directory.

--
* Henning Brauer, hostmaster@bsws.de, http://www.bsws.de    *
* BS Web Services, Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany *