List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: Abusing the DNS?
From:       Russell Nelson <nelson () crynwr ! com>
Date:       2001-09-29 2:57:06

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard writes:
 > As far as I can see, you have lost sight of the problem that you are actually
 > trying to solve.  I surmise, from what little has been posted so far, that
 > your real requirement is:
 >
 > 	I want to eliminate the "choose the mirror nearest to you"
 > 	stage of the web pages at "qmail.org.".  Instead, I want the
 > 	software to pick an appropriate mirror and use it without
 > 	user intervention.

No, I want them to never have to hit my qmail.org web page.  It's a
DNS problem.

Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | It's a crime, not an act
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | of war.  For my take, see:
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | http://quaker.org/crime.html