List:       distcc
Subject:    [distcc] (no subject)
From:       Saravanan Palanichami <chavan77 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-31 21:44:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I am using distcc to compile distributed

a) I am using 2 machines that run distccd
b) I compile on machine number 3
c) If I do not add localhost to list of HOSTS on machine 3, then I see that only \
preprocessing happens on machine 3, which is good
Is there any way to force distcc to preprocess all files first before starting to \
build them, so that there is no wait time when the other 2 machines are done \
compiling? This way localhost could also be added to list of HOSTS and the machine 3 \
can also participate in compiles without bogging it down too much with preprocessor \
requests. Now I am not sure if this speed up the process. Any advice?Regards,P \