List:       dia-list
Subject:    Re: Migration of dia-list to GNOME Discourse instance
From:       Olav Vitters <olav () vitters ! nl>
Date:       2020-10-20 21:17:01

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 02:36:49PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>I quote from the TOS:

>16. Indemnification
>
>You agree to indemnify and hold harmless GNOME, its contractors, and
>its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and
>agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including
>attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but
>not limited to your violation of this Agreement.

So your requirement (not sure of a better word) is section 16 is
entirely taken out, correct?

>Section 12 says your indemnity basically lasts forever. So it's
>conceivable that years after you've quit Gnome Discourse, someone could
>file a meritless lawsuit against Gnome, and then you pay.

With that you want the part of section 12 removed, correct?

Quoting from TOS:
>12. Termination
>
> GNOME may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any
> time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective
> immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your gnome.org
> account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website.

above is ok

> All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive
> termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation,
> ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of
> liability.

but this bit and especially the indemnity should go, right?

Once confirmed I'll raise it with the Discourse maintainers.

Anything else in the ToS that's not standard/unacceptable/etc?

--
Regards,
Olav