List:       dia-list
Subject:    Re: Adding comments to an object
From:       Ken Springer <snowshed1 () q ! com>
Date:       2014-04-22 19:06:06

On 4/22/14 11:17 AM, Hans Breuer wrote:
> At 22.04.2014 04:01, Ken Springer wrote:
> [...]
>>> So you could use the "UML - Class" object in Dia as your box with just a
>>> simple string (the class name). Switch off "Attributes visible" and
>>> "Operations visible", to get rid of the two additional areas.
>>
>> And this is all more than I understand.   LOL
>>
> http://dia-installer.de/doc/en/special-objects-chapter.html#N4091C
>
>>> Your extra window for more information would be just the properties dialog
>>> having a lot of fields you could now fill with additional, invisible
>>> information. You can keep it open while navigating your diagram, but
>>> updating to the selection requires a double click.
>>
>> Are you saying each rectangular object would have it's own properties box?
>> If so, it might work.  A problem I'm anticipating is one object might need
>> 50 characters of text, yet another may need 250 characters of text.
>>
> There is only one property dialog open at the same time. It just can adapt
> to the selected object. The link above shows it's UML - Class incarnation.

Thank you, Hans!  I think that will work!

Is the text/character length of the comment field unlimited?

--
Ken Springer

"All progress depends upon the unreasonable person."
George Bernard Shaw

"Cheap prices make for cheap goods; cheap goods make for
cheap men; and cheap men make for a cheap country!"
President William McKinley

http://www.greeleynet.com/~wordwork/airpage.htm