List:       dia-list
Subject:    Re: Dia as a State Mechine Editor
From:       Hans Breuer <hans () breuer ! org>
Date:       2009-09-18 12:49:35

At 02.09.2009 18:55, Jacob Arthur wrote:
[...]
> I basically want a way to generate some simple c++ code based on the
> diagram, would this be better done in the source or with a python plug-in?
There are currently two code henerating export filters for Dia. One using
xslt [1], the other one implemented as PyDia plug-in [2].

But depending on your language skills, there should be nothing stopping you
to implment one as export filter in C as well. Allmost all exporters to
graphic formats are implemented as Dia plug-in (cgm, dxf, hpgl, ...)

For the task at hand I would choose PyDia.

Regards,
	Hans

[1] http://git.gnome.org/cgit/dia/tree/plug-ins/xslt
[2] http://git.gnome.org/cgit/dia/tree/plug-ins/python/codegen.py