List:       dia-list
Subject:    Re: cleaning up the "line_width" string constant
From:       Hans Breuer <hans () breuer ! org>
Date:       2008-11-22 15:30:36

At 19.11.2008 07:50, Sameer Sahasrabuddhe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attaching a patch that converts "line_width" to
> PROP_STDNAME_LINE_WIDTH etc. I had started converting such constants
> to macros a long time ago, this fixes some newly introduced usage of
> "line_width".

Thanks, applied.

> On a related note, I was thinking of making DiaObject a derived class
> of GObject. This will allow us to use the support provided by Glib for
> properties, potentially removing a lot of _get() and _set() code from
> Dia.
Although I thought a bit of converting DiaObject to GObject usage myself, I
fail to see this particular benefit. Where is the "lot of _get() and _set()
code" you think we can remove?

> With that, we might possibly eliminate all these constants, since
> the GObject framework has some built-in checks for property names and
> types.

Would be interesting how to do this while maintaining compatibility to
exisiting diagram files.

	Hans