List:       dia-list
Subject:    Re: dia libs 3 errors
From:       Hans Breuer <hans () breuer ! org>
Date:       2006-10-28 17:21:47

On 28.10.2006 18:45, Andi Owen wrote:
> hello
>
> thanks alot ofr the help, i didn't notice that i only had libxml and not
> libxml2 in the makefile. unfortunatley there are still 3 linking
> problems eventhough i've got the libraries. or am i missing something.
>
> thanks and regardes
> andi
>
> ps:
> am i aloud to mail you directly or shout it always go over the mailinglist?

I'd prefer to keep this on the public mailing list, so possibly other
people trying the same can benefit.

> my cl is as follows:
>
> cl -G5 -GF -MDd -W3 -nologo -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -LD -Felibdia.dll
> autoroute.obj  arrows.obj  attributes.obj  bezier_conn.obj
> beziershape.obj  boundingbox.obj  color.obj  connection.obj
> connectionpoint.obj  connpoint_line.obj  debug.obj  diaarrowc
> hooser.obj  dialinechooser.obj  diatransform.obj  dia_dirs.obj
> dia_image.obj  dia_svg.obj  dia_xml.obj  diaerror.obj  diagramdata.obj
> diagdkrenderer.obj  diagtkfontsel.obj  diainteractiverenderer.obj
> dialibartrenderer.obj  diarenderer.obj  diasvg
> renderer.obj  dynamic_obj.obj  element.obj  filter.obj  focus.obj
> font.obj  geometry.obj  group.obj  intl.obj  message.obj
> neworth_conn.obj  objchange.obj  object.obj  object_defaults.obj
> orth_conn.obj  paper.obj  parent.obj  persistence.obj  plu
> g-ins.obj  poly_conn.obj  polyshape.obj  prop_attr.obj  prop_basic.obj
> prop_geomtypes.obj  prop_inttypes.obj  prop_sdarray.obj  prop_text.obj
> prop_widgets.obj  propdesc.obj  propdialogs.obj   properties.obj
> proplist.obj  propobject.obj  propoffse
> ts.obj  propregistry.obj  ps-utf8.obj  render_pixmap.obj  sheet.obj
> text.obj  utils.obj  widgets.obj  diamarshal.obj gtk-win32-2.0.lib
> gdk-win32-2.0.lib pango-1.0.lib  pango-1.0.lib pangowin32-1.0.lib
> glib-2.0.lib gmodule-2.0.lib gobject-2.0.lib  l
> ibxml2.lib zlib.lib  art_lgpl_2.lib gdk_pixbuf-2.0.lib  intl.lib
> user32.lib advapi32.lib wsock32.lib /link /debug /def:libdia.def
>   Creating library libdia.lib and object libdia.exp
> dia_image.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file
> widgets.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _gtk_file_chooser_set_filename
> widgets.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _gtk_file_chooser_get_filename
> libdia.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
> Studio\VC98\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.
> Error executing nmake.

Since gtk+ 2.6 all gtk+ functions taking filename argument are redefined to
have a _utf8 postfix. The pure symbols are marked as private. One reason to
have them unresolved is a mismatch between the headers and the libraries
versions.
If you have updated the gtk version since your first build attempt try
deleting widgets.obj and rebuild. Or better:
	nmake -f makefile.msc clean
to also avoid other issues where you may have compiled without matching
prototype.

	Hans