List:       dia-list
Subject:    Protocol thanks and a shape question
From:       Jim Clark <jclark00 () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2005-05-23 16:25:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hey thanks for the pointer to the 1970 IBM document. I printed it, and =
will
use it should any discussion arise. What I wanted to do is called a
junction, and it is quite permissible. The "rules" are surprisingly
open-ended. Must be the "peace-and-love" world in which it was written,=

even if everyone at IBM did have white shirts at that time.

Now my question. I am asking about the shape that looks like a zeppelin=
,
called "state" on the flowchart template. It does not seem to have a
connection point on the left side. There is one on the top, one on the
bottom, and one on the right. Is it supposed to have one? Is there a
reason? Should I not be connecting on the left?

Thanks again-

Jim Clark=