List:       dhcp-users
Subject:    Re: Question about DHCPv6 Lease Selection
From:       Simon Hobson <dhcp1 () thehobsons ! co ! uk>
Date:       2019-01-04 23:11:16

John W. Blue <john.blue@rrcic.com> wrote:

> And here is the advertise packet in question that is generating a score of zero.  \
> Any thoughts as to why it got a zero?

Probably not related since DUIDs are supposed to be treated as blobs, and the client \
shouldn't really have a reason to look inside and decode them ...

> Server Identifier
> Option: Server Identifier (2)
> Length: 14
> Value: 0001000155d45514f8bc123d6ca8
> DUID: 0001000155d45514f8bc123d6ca8
> DUID Type: link-layer address plus time (1)
> Hardware type: Ethernet (1)
> DUID Time: Aug 18, 2045 05:06:12.000000000 Central Daylight Time

That date is "quite a long time" into the future. Not impossible that it's being \
rejected as impossible - but as I say, there isn't really any reason for the client \
to be inspecting this.