List:       dhcp-users
Subject:    Re: dhcp failover standby
From:       Peter Yardley <Peter.Yardley () uts ! edu ! au>
Date:       2018-02-26 23:34:57

No.

In a failover pair / group there is no standby server. All servers are active, \
however not for all addresses. It is the administrators job to copy the configuration \
(I used to use custom startup scripts to do this), the servers will synchronise the \
lease database with each other.

> On 27 Feb 2018, at 10:27 am, Julie Xu <J.Xu@westernsydney.edu.au> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Can I ask a simiple question?
>
> The failover standby will copy all configuration from primary to it? including all \
> mac address and reserverd ip address?
> Please confirm.
>
> Julie Xu

._--_|\   Peter Yardley                    |
/      \  Senior Network Engineer          | Peter.Yardley@uts.edu.au
\_.--._*  Information Technology Division, | Ph:  +61 2 9514-2358
.     v   University of Technology, Sydney.| Fax: +61 2 9514-4327

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying \
attachments may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended \
recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or \
attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender \
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of \
the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states \
them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney. Before opening any \
attachments, please check them for viruses and defects. Think. Green. Do. Please \
consider the environment before printing this email. \