List:       dhcp-users
Subject:    Re: ddns-fwd-name using the wrong name (Glenn Satchell)
From:       Rob Moser <Rob.Moser () nau ! edu>
Date:       2018-02-12 18:21:32

"Glenn Satchell" <glenn.satchell@uniq.com.au> writes:

> The "dynamic;" entry marks it as something added using OMAPI, ie by
> omshell. Is is possible that this was done sometime in the past?

A number of our DNS management tools use OMAPI.  So that entry could definitely have \
been created by those tools, back when that machine had that name.  It _should_ have \
then been deleted, I assume, when the host was removed, but possibly that is where \
the failure lies.

Thanks!  That gives me another thread to pull on...

     - rob.