List:       dhcp-users
Subject:    Building DHCP server from sources/repository
From:       "Patrick Cervicek" <patrick () freifunk-stuttgart ! spamtrap ! hs-esslingen ! de>
Date:       2017-12-29 16:41:41

Hi,

I would like to join development on dhcp, but I fail building the sources.
I would expect this to work:

1) git clone https://source.isc.org/git/dhcp.git
2) cd dhcp
3)./configure
4) make

Unfortunately it fails at step 3 "configure" with this error message:
"
checking for struct tpacket_auxdata.tp_vlan_tci... yes
configure: error: Where to find or build bind includes and libraries must
be specified
"

Why does dhcp require bind to be installed? Is there any documentation how
to build dhcp from the repository? It would be helpful to demonstrate this
on a clean new bootstraped linux like this:

sudo debootstrap --arch i386 jessie /path/to/jessie_i386_root
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian

Regards,
Patrick