List:       dhcp-users
Subject:    =?UTF-8?B?UmVbNV06IEhvdyB0byAtIERIQ1AgUmVsYXkgYW5kIFNlcnZlciBvbiBzYW1l?= =?UTF-8?B?IG1hY2hpbmUgKEZyZ
From:       test24 <test24 () mail ! ru>
Date:       2015-06-17 18:57:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

 Sorry for my mail client - it send from russian resource with russian incorrect text \
injection.

> Firstly, could you please fix your email client and get it to quote text properly !

May be it is incorrect question, but who write/rewrite/ make patches to ISC DHCP \
Relay code?

Generally dhcprelay - not very difficult port forward tool with dhcp's specific ports \
and broadcast etc. mechanisms. I do not want use second machine, because of care for \
the environment named 'green technology' and I know lot  of situations when for the \
dhcp relay's purposes is allocated a separate machine with it wattage use.

Second reason to ask to make an different port forward option for Relay - it is a \
most beautiful opportunity of realization dhcp server and relay on same machine \
because of higher interconnect speed (no crosslan traffic with its latency, etc.)

And better think - make the product named such as DHCPDRC (Daemon+Relay+Client) - ALL \
in one code cake - with flexible options for its needs.

Thanks a lot.

test24 <test24 at mail.ru> wrote:

> Simon Hobson WROTE
> > > test24 <test24 at mail.ru
> > > wrote:
> > > > >
> > man dhcp relay says:
> > > > > >
> > -p PORT
> > > > >
> > Listen  and  transmit  on  port PORT.  This is mostly useful for
> > > > >
> > debugging purposes.  Default is port  67  for  DHCPv4/BOOTP

> For dhcp relay next server is written in rc.conf as the
> > dhcrelay_servers="10.10.10.1"         # v4 dhcrelay server(s)
> > and option -P says ONLY ! one port - for clients and for next server
> > This port is the same for clients and for next server

You've already said that - we've seen it

> In my case dhcp relay MUST listen one port (standart 67/68 for clients side) and \
> send requests to NEXT server on OTHER port.

You've already said that - it's been pointed out that it probably can't do it without \
editing the code. I haven't looked at the code, but I suspect there's a constant \
defined which is used as the destination port for packets sent to the server. \
Changing this is likely to do what you want. More elegantly, allowing the server to \
be specified as "IP:Port" (if it's not already) would be even better and would allow \
what you want from the command line without any editing or compiling.

> It is one the SAME machine, than I can not say ! dhcpD ! listen 67 port too. And as \
> a result - dhcpd server not see requests on 77 port because dhcp relay uses only \
> ONE port for clients side and for servers side.

Yes, I got that first time around.
Though actually it is not correct. It's not because the Relay agent only uses one \
port, it's because the relay agent doesn't appear to have a facility to talk to the \
server running on a non-standard port.

> It is generally unneded if the relay and server placed on different machines, but \
> if machine is same - it is actual needed feature... because i want to add option 82 \
> packets  by relay and send replies on this requests by dhcpd server without using \
> second machine.

Yes, and I got that first time around as well.

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

<HTML><BODY>Sorry for my mail client - it send from russian resource with russian \
client and get it to quote text properly ! <br>May be it is incorrect question, but \
who write/rewrite/ make patches to ISC DHCP Relay code?<br><br>Generally dhcprelay - \
not very difficult port forward tool with dhcp's specific ports and broadcast etc. \
mechanisms.<br>I do not want use second machine, because of <span lang="en">care for \
the environment</span> named 'green technology' and I know lot <br>of situations when \
for the dhcp relay's<span lang="en"> purposes is allocated a separate machine</span> \
port forward option for Relay - it is a most beautiful opportunity of \
realization</span> dhcp server and<br>relay on same machine because of higher \
interconnect speed (no crosslan traffic with its latency, etc.)<br><br>And better \
think - make the product named such as DHCPDRC (Daemon+Relay+Client) - ALL in one \

&gt;<em>  Simon Hobson WROTE
</em>&gt;&gt;&gt;<em> test24 &lt;test24 at mail.ru
</em>&gt;&gt;<em> &gt; wrote:
</em>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<em> &gt;
</em>&gt;&gt;<em>  man dhcp relay says:
</em>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<em> &gt;&gt;
</em>&gt;&gt;<em>  -p PORT
</em>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<em> &gt;
</em>&gt;&gt;<em>                Listen  and  transmit  on  port PORT.  This is \
mostly useful for </em>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<em> &gt;
</em>&gt;&gt;<em>                debugging purposes.  Default is port  67  for  \
DHCPv4/BOOTP </em>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<em> That changes the port the relay agent \
uses - but **NOT** the port it assumes the server is using. Checking the man page I \
see nothing to suggest it can talk to a server via a non-standard port - you could \
try "nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:77" for server IP, but I suspect that's not implemented. \
</em>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<em> If not, I imagine it might be "relatively" simple to edit \
the code and hard code a different server port to use. </em>

&gt;<em> For dhcp relay next server is written in rc.conf as the
</em>&gt;&gt;<em> dhcrelay_servers="10.10.10.1"         # v4 dhcrelay server(s)
</em>&gt;&gt;<em> and option -P says ONLY ! one port - for clients and for next \
server </em>&gt;&gt;<em> This port is the same for clients and for next server
</em>
You've already said that - we've seen it

&gt;<em> In my case dhcp relay MUST listen one port (standart 67/68 for clients side) \
and send requests to NEXT server on OTHER port. </em>
You've already said that - it's been pointed out that it probably can't do it without \
editing the code. I haven't looked at the code, but I suspect there's a constant \
defined which is used as the destination port for packets sent to the server. \
Changing this is likely to do what you want. More elegantly, allowing the server to \
be specified as "IP:Port" (if it's not already) would be even better and would allow \
what you want from the command line without any editing or compiling.

&gt;<em> It is one the SAME machine, than I can not say ! dhcpD ! listen 67 port too. \
And as a result - dhcpd server not see requests on 77 port because dhcp relay uses \
only ONE port </em>&gt;<em> for clients side and for servers side.
</em>
Yes, I got that first time around.
Though actually it is not correct. It's not because the Relay agent only uses one \
port, it's because the relay agent doesn't appear to have a facility to talk to the \
server running on a non-standard port.

&gt;<em> It is generally unneded if the relay and server placed on different \
machines, but if machine is same - it is actual needed feature... because i want to \
add option 82 packets  </em>&gt;<em> by relay and send replies on this requests by \
dhcpd server without using second machine. </em>
Yes, and I got that first time around as well.</pre><br style="overflow: auto;" \
dir="ltr" id="tinymce" class="mceContentBody " \
onload="window.parent.tinyMCE.get('compose_617_composeEditor').onLoad.dispatch();" \
contenteditable="true">  <blockquote style="border-left:1px solid #0857A6; \
margin:10px; padding:0 0 0 10px;"><div id=""><div class="js-helper js-readmsg-msg">