List:       dhcp-users
Subject:    =?UTF-8?B?RndkOiBSZVs0XTogSG93IHRvIC0gREhDUCBSZWxheSBhbmQgU2VydmVyIG9u?= =?UTF-8?B?IHNhbWUgbWFjaGluZ
From:       test24 <test24 () mail ! ru>
Date:       2015-06-17 15:49:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

Simon Hobson WROTE

test24 <test24 at mail.ru> wrote:

> man dhcp relay says:
> > -p PORT
> Listen  and  transmit  on  port PORT.  This is mostly useful for
> debugging purposes.  Default is port  67  for  DHCPv4/BOOTP

That changes the port the relay agent uses - but **NOT** the port it assumes the \
server is using. Checking the man page I see nothing to suggest it can talk to a \
server via a non-standard port - you could try "nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:77" for server IP, \
but I suspect that's not implemented.

If not, I imagine it might be "relatively" simple to edit the code and hard code a \
different server port to use.

For dhcp relay next server is written in rc.conf as the

dhcrelay_servers="10.10.10.1"         # v4 dhcrelay server(s)

and option -P says ONLY ! one port - for clients and for next server

This port is the same for clients and for next server

In my case dhcp relay MUST listen one port (standart 67/68 for clients side) and send \
requests to NEXT server on OTHER port. It is one the SAME machine, than I can not say \
! dhcpD ! listen 67 port too. And as a result - dhcpd server not see requests on 77 \
port because dhcp relay uses only ONE port for clients side and for servers side.

It is generally unneded if the relay and server placed on different machines, but if \
machine is same - it is actual needed feature... because i want to add option 82 \
packets  by relay and send replies on this requests by dhcpd server without using \
second machine.

Second reason - my machine acts as router and vlans back end. Than option 82 must be \
added on this machine (). And on this machine dhcpd must say replies for unknown \
client MACs but known client vlans